Tuesday, May 05, 2009

About Dreaming

A dream of struggle and certain death but at the same time oddly encouraging, even vital, a dream I wanted to remember, something that would make a great television show.

I was thinking this even as I was dreaming it. Or did the thinking part come later as I tried to pull back from waking, as the covers slipped and my feet got cold and the pillow dropped to the floor?

Dreams are often, not always, but often, fragile things, impossible to hold onto. The dreams that become nightmares are the easy ones to recall because they never leave you.

They hold on like a stink.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jul said...

Yes, fragile indeed. So often recently I have woken up in the middle of a wonderful dream, and then tried in vain to remember it. The details melt away so quickly once I'm awake. But I suppose that's better than having nightmares I remember all the time.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Oppurtunities said...

I see every night!!!
Sometime I can t remember!!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home