Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yoga on the Rhine

I’ve been tooling around the Rhineland these days researching an article I’m writing on Yoga and I’ve uncovered a world I didn’t even know existed. Airy saffron and purple rooms with scented flower petals carefully dropped in sacred piles on polished bamboo floors, and bright young people dedicated to spreading the good work of yoga in their communities. I’m having a great time and it’s giving me an entirely new perspective on Germany and Germans. More anon … Om Shanti!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Yoga is on my list of things I'd like to do.
My son's school even has yoga for kids once a week!

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, to be there NOW!!! Sigh...

Carol

9:47 AM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

Cathy ... Yoga is a great thing - you would love it!

Carol ... Tomorrow it will be 20 degrees Celsius!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

hey where are those germans you meet??? didn't know they were that spiritual...of what i see i would rather show them the way to spirituality...

3:32 PM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

Ruby ... Believe me they are out there and lots of them. I am having a great time writing this article ... I'll let you know when it's published here in Koln.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there is something I have learned over the years is that, no matter where you live, you always have layers and layers of sub-societal groups living the live they wish to live, regardless of what society considers de rigueur or a la mode.

Yoga is indeed a great thing!... to be honest the spiritual aspect of it is a bit too much for me but even for that I found a solution.. VIKRAM!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home